Высшее образование за рубежом
На прохождение теста вам даётся 30 минут (
1) I’m 18 and my brother is 20, so he’s _____ me.
a) the oldest of
b) older than
c) as old as
2) Carl’s very _____ . He’s never late, and he never forgets to do things.
3) We stayed in a lovely villa _____ the sea.
a) it overlooks
4) Not until the 1980s _____ for the average person to own a computer.
a) it was possible
b) was it possible
c) was possible
5) Jan _____ her arm on a hot iron.
6) Tomorrow’s a holiday, so we _____ go to work.
a) have to
c) don’t have to
7) I usually _____ swimming at least once a week.
8) My friend Siena _____ to Russia last year.
b) has gone
c) has been
9) This is _____ area, with a lot of factories and warehouses.
a) an agricultural
b) an industrial
c) a residential
10) If I _____ well in my exams, I _____ to university.
a) will do; will go
b) will do; go
c) do; will go
11) She was so upset that she burst _____ tears.
12) Where did you go _____ holiday last year?
13) Ocean currents _____ play an important part in regulating global climate.
a) are known to
b) thought to
c) are believed that they
14) My cousin _____ getting a job in Bahrain.
a) would like
b) is planning
c) is thinking of
15) I can’t _____ your hair, because I haven’t got any scissors.
16) I wish I _____ have an exam tomorrow!
17) The government plans to _____ taxes on sales of luxury items.
c) go up
18) When I first moved to Hong Kong, life in a different country was very strange, but now I’m used _____ here.
b) to live
c) to living
19) There _____ milk in the fridge.
a) is some
b) are some
c) is a
20) Criminals are people who are guilty of _____ the law.
21) Why on earth isn’t Josh here yet? _____ for him for over an hour!
a) I’m waiting
b) I’ve been waiting
c) I’ve waited
22) “It’s pouring down, and it’s freezing.” What are the weather conditions?
a) high winds and snow
b) heavy rain and cold temperatures
c) thick cloud but quite warm
23) _____ feeling OK? You don’t look very well.
a) Do you
b) You are
c) Are you
24) Daniel’s hair is getting far too long; he should _____ soon.
a) cut it
b) have cut it
c) have it cut
25) Mandy works for a computer software company. She got _____ recently, and so now she’s an area manager.
a) made redundant
c) a raise
26) I can’t hear you – it’s _____ noisy in here.
b) too much
c) too many
27) Jamal has just sent me _____ to arrange plans for this weekend.
a) a blog
b) an email
c) a website
28) I promise I’ll call you as soon as I _____ .
a) I arrive
b) I arrived
c) I’ll arrive
29) Photographers and designers need to be very _____ .
30) The global financial crisis, _____ is forcing lots of small businesses to close, does not look set to end soon.
31) There _____ a terrible accident if the pilot hadn’t reacted so quickly.
a) had been
c) would have been
32) Are you ready to order? Not yet – I’m still looking at the _____ .
33) My job is never boring. The speaker’s job is always _____ .
34) I’ve been working here _____ about the last two years.
35) It leaves from Platform 2 at 4.15. The speaker is talking about _____ .
a) an airline flight
b) a train
c) a taxi
36) I went to a lovely _____ last Saturday. The bride was my best friend when we were at school.
37) I’ve got a headache. Maybe you _____ to take an aspirin.
38) The patient had an _____ to insert metal pins in his broken leg.
39) She won a seat in parliament at the last _____ .
a) general election
b) opinion poll
40) I’m surprised you didn’t get upset. If someone said that to me, _____ really angry.
b) I was
c) I’d be
41) This used to be _____ part of the city, but since the old buildings were renovated it’s become a very fashionable area.
a) an affluent
b) a run-down
c) a trendy
42) Cassie went to bed early because she was _____ .
43) In the 1960s, computers were _____ expensive that ordinary people couldn’t afford them.
44) Do you want _____ the match tonight?
c) to watch
45) Researchers claim the new discovery is a major _____ in the fight against malaria.
46) The Maths problem was really difficult and I just couldn’t _____ the answer.
a) check in
b) set off
c) work out
47) When I was a child, I never _____ about the future.
a) have worried
b) used to worry
c) was worrying
48) A local politician has _____ charges of corruption made by the opposition party.
49) _____ worries me about society today is how completely we have come to depend on technology.
50) _____ worries me about society today is how completely we have come to depend on technology.
a) Farm animals
b) Wild animals
Я согласен(а) на обработку моих персональных данных